Team Redstone Data Management – Data Management is the process of applying policies, systems and
procedures for the identification and control of data requirements, and for the timely and economical
acquisition of such data.
- Data Management Policy – Develop, coordinate and implement Team Redstone Data Management Policies to
ensure the most cost effective and efficient processes and procedures for the acquisition of Data.
- Training - Develop and conduct Acquisition Initiatives and Data Management Training. Develop and conduct
Program Unique Performance Specification Development Training.
- Acquisition Initiatives Implementation – Provide support to the AMCOM and PEO Aviation Standards
Executive (SE) for the certification of AMCOM and PEO Aviation Data Requirements Packages and Program Unique
Performance Specifications. Support the SE in the conduct of Senior Functional Requirements Authentication
Boards (FRAB). Administer and coordinate the AMCOM and PEO Aviation Specifications and Standards Waiver
- Integrated Product Team (IPT) Support – Provide support to IPTs responsible for developing Contract
Requirements Packages. Provide assistance in developing performance-based requirements, determining the
minimum essential data requirements, and the identification of the appropriate and approved Data Item
- Ozone Depleting Substance Certification - Provide staffing support for determining the presence of Ozone
Depleting Substance requirements in data requirements packages. Provide the Ozone Depleting Substance
- Contract Data Requirements Package Development - Provide support in developing Statements of Work, DD
Form 1423s, tailoring of Data Item Descriptions (DIDs) and the generation of the Document Summary List.
Provide Data Management review/coordination of the data requirements package.
- Data Management Tools – Provide automated information and tools for generating Contract Data
Requirements, and the management of Contract Data Deliverables.
- Weapon System/Office Assignments – Data Management Office Points of Contact (POCs) for program/project support.
- Other Information – Other information pertaining to Acquisition Initiatives and Data Management.
CRP Development Tools
DATA MANAGEMENT STRATEGY REGULATIONS
The latest versions of Military Specifications and Standards can be accessed through
ASSIST. ASSIST is an online service free to all DoD employees. Access to can be obtained online at ASSIST-ONLINE,
http://assist.daps.dla.mil/online/start/ or by calling 215-697-6257. The latest versions
of DATA ITEM DESCRIPTIONS (DIDs) are also available through ASSIST.
The latest list of Exempted
Documents is located at http://www.dsp.dla.mil. Exempted documents may be used in solicitations with
out a waiver.
The CDRL Generator -is a template for the creation of the Contact Data Requirements List.
The template may be downloaded for future use in AMCOM Contracts. The CDRL provides the contractor with delivery instructions for data that is
required per the contract.
Defense Acquisition Deskbook http://web2.deskbook.osd.mil/default.asp
The Data Management Office provides training
on a quarterly basis in DM practices and procedures, acquisition reform and writing performance specifications. Additional information can be
obtained by clicking (here).
Related Government Links
AMC Publications http://www.amc.army.mil/pubpage.html
Defense Acquisition Regulations
DoD Access to ISO 9000 & ISO 14000 Document Collections http://www.dsp.dla.mil/ISO-docs.htm
Related Government Sites
Acquistion Web http://www.acq.osd.mil
US DOD/IO/SE Configuration & Data Management http://www.acq.osd.mil/io/se/
Acquisition Center Homepage https://wwwproc.redstone.army.mil/acquisition
OSD Acquisition Reform Office
AMCOM Policy & Procedure Documents related to Data Management & Acquisition Reform
- Army Implementation Plan (AIP) -
Implementing the report of the DoD Process Action Team on Military
Specifications and Standards
- AMCOM Regulation 70-16 - This regulation establishes policy, responsibilities, and
procedures for the management, acquisition, and tracking of data within AMCOM.
- Master Action Plan - The AMCOM MAP provides the strategy for the
continuing achievement of acquisition reform as delineated in the AIP, in addition to addressing
specifications and standards the AMCOM MAP encompasses other essential acquisition initiatives.